Cell to Structure
facilitated by Sean O'Connell
Unfortunately this workshop has been cancelled
- where: Design Centre, Enmore
- when: 16 to 20 January 2006, five days
- cost: $600 - students $400
To participate in this workshop send an expression of interest along with two to three images of recent work c/o Sean O’Connell, Jewellery and Object Design, The Design Centre, 110 Edgeware Road, Enmore NSW 2042, Australia.
The Cell to Structure workshop will be delivered by biologists, jewellers and architects, each aiming to look at jewellery from three different perspectives: within the body, on the body and around the body.
Over five days participants will be given talks by leading professionals in their fields, informing participants of inspiring new viewpoints of the body in alternative contexts. These talks will be complemented by minor practical workshops throughout the week. The last two days will comprise of supervised time within a fully-equipped jewellery workshop to prototype ideas into working models.
The workshop presenters are:
- Professor Stuart Bunt (Symbiotica Labs, University of Western Australia)
- Professor Miranda Grounds (Symbiotica Labs, University of Western Australia)
- Julie Blyfield (Jeweller, Gray Street Workshops)
- Professor Tom Heneghan (Chair of Architecture, Sydney University)
- Dagmar Reinhardt (Lecturer, Sydney University)
Sean O'Connell is a Sydney-based artist who has been an active exhibitor in Australia over the last four years. He has currently teaches at the Design Centre Enmore and is an assistant to artist Robin Blau. He has achieved considerable attention recently for his robust kinetic works and in 2001 won the Contemporary Wearables Award at the Toowoomba Regional Gallery.
Click here to download a PDF about this workshop.